Now is the time to make a gift to the University of Nevada, Reno before the end of the calendar year!
Members of the University of Nevada, Reno development team will be in the office throughout most of the holiday season to answer your questions about year-end giving and to accept your credit card and stock gifts.
Choose 1 of 4 convenient options:
- Go to http://giving.unr.edu/ to make a pledge, gift, or to pay an existing pledge online:
- To complete your transaction by phone:call 775-784-1352 or 775-784-1587
- To deliver your gift: visit Morrill Hall Alumni Center (Center Street entrance to campus)
- To mail your gift, please send a check to: University of Nevada, Reno Foundation, Mail Stop 0162, Reno, NV 89557
End of year timing for the receipt of all gifts and pledges
- Gifts must be received by Thursday, 12/31/15.
- To be counted in the calendar 2015 year figures, gifts must be received by the Foundation Accounting Office staff by 3:00pm PST on Thursday, 12/31/15.
Electronic Transfer/Federal Wire:
- All electronic transfers of funds should be in the University of Nevada, Reno Foundation bank account before the close of the banking day at 2:00pm PST on Thursday, 12/31/15. Call for electronic transfer/wire instructions.
Credit Card Payments:
- If faxed, received in U.S. mail, hand-delivered, or phoned in, gifts must be received by the Foundation Accounting Office staff by 1:00pm PST on Thursday, 12/31/15.
- Web gifts (http://giving.unr.edu) must be completed by 11:59pm PST on Thursday, 12/31/15.
When making a gift by credit card, please note that a processing fee and a transaction fee equal to the amount charged by the credit card processor will be deducted from your donation. This does not affect the tax deductibility of your total gift, but it does reduce the total funds available in the fund you are supporting. No fees apply when your donation is made by check.
Stocks & Other Securities:
- Physical hand deliveries must be received by the Foundation Accounting Office staff by 3:00pm PST on Thursday, 12/31/15.
- Securities must be in the University of Nevada, Reno Foundation account before the close of business on Thursday, 12/31/15. Donors should be careful to give their brokers time to complete the transaction. This usually requires a minimum of 3 business days, but may take longer if volumes are high. The donor should be sure to notify the Foundation of their intention to deliver securities so that the donation may be identified and recorded in a timely manner. Failure to notify may result in delay. Please call for stock/securities transfer instructions, and please click here for the stock transfer form.
- Securities sent to Foundation by private carrier (i.e., Federal Express, UPS, etc.) must be received in Foundation Accounting Office staff by 3:00pm PST on Thursday 12/31/15.
- Review USPS delivery expectations regarding 1st class mail, etc.
- If received by mail, pledges must be received by the Foundation Accounting Office staff by 3:00pm PST on Thursday, 12/31/15.
- If hand delivered, pledges must be dated on or before Thursday, 12/31/15 and delivered to Foundation Accounting Office staff by 3:00pm PST on Thursday, 12/31/15.
- Gift receipts will be sent within 7-10 days from the date the gift was processed, except in times of high volume where longer processing time occurs. Receipts will reflect the date the gift was processed and will not imply the date the gift was made. Donors should consult with their CPA or tax preparer to determine the tax consequences of their donation. University of Nevada, Reno Foundation TIN: 94-2781749.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines please contact Laurie McLanahan at (775) 784-1587.